With it becoming more and more difficult to look cute on a budget, I thought why not compile a list of a few things that can aid in our quest for cuteness, but still play nice with our wallets. There are lots of products out there that are budget friendly, but many times you gotta search for them. Don’t be afraid of the clearance racks and bargain bins, because that’s where all of the hidden gems are! How about we start with the Beauty Products! We all know, for the most part, having the right beauty product (or lack thereof) can make or break your outfit. If you’re all dolled up but your hair is looking kuh-ray-zee it can totally kill everything you spent hours on perfecting. We also know something as simple as a swipe of mascara and some lip gloss can cutie-fy anything, including sweats. With that being said, lets get started on my first set of 10 items under 10 dollars!
1. Burt’s Bees Soap Bark and Chamomile Deep Cleansing Cream: Burt’s Bees is one of the well known body care lines that’s actually very fairly priced. This cleansing cream is 97% natural, and it’s got aloe vera and chamomile extracts for soothing, and softening your face. Since soap bark is a natural cleanser, you don’t have to worry about harsh chemicals that are going to dry out your face as well. Price: $8.00
2.Sugar Color Sticks: These convenient eye shadows come in five different colors: pink, purple, lime green, teal, and neutral. Not only are they super cute, but they’re also super cheap. Since they aren’t in the traditional eyeshadow tins, they’re much more travel ready, and they’re easier to use. Price: $5.00
3. Aveeno Active Naturals Intense Hand Relief Cream: Gotta keep those palms soft and supple! Aveeno’s oatmeal formula helps to keep your skin looking great and feeling great, and since this is the intensive formula, it’s perfect for this wacky winter weather. With the cold outside and dry heat inside, it’s very easy for our skin to get parched, and the hands especially since they’re the least covered. Price: $7.49
4. Chapstick True Shimmer: Speaking of drying weather, the winter is well known for chapped lips, so keep yours moisturized with some lip balm. If you’re sick of just plain old cherry chapstick, then try their True Shimmer line. The same protection you’re used to, with the added bonus of some shiny! Price: $2.99
5. N.Y.C. Quick Dry Nail Polish: “Get a manicure in a minute!” says N.Y.C. and who doesn’t want that? Since these polishes are so cheap, you can switch up your color every week, or even every day without stressing about wasteing a perfectly good manicure. Especially if you like wild and bold colors, this should be right up your alley. “Central Park” is my favorite. Price: $1.99
6.CoverGirl Exact Eyelights Eye Brightening Mascara: This mascara from CoverGirl helps to bring out the color of your natural eyes! How cool! Just select which ever color compliments your eyes and watch as they pop! Plus since it’s from CoverGirl you can head over to their site to get ColorMatched! COOLIES! Price: $8.49
7. Crest Glide Dental Floss: One of the cheapest ways to look younger is to have a healthy smile. Forget all the concealers and eye creams, if your smile is in tip top shape, it gives an aura of youthfulness. So, take care of your chompers by brushing regularly. And pick up some floss. Not only can you get the nasty plaque that’s hiding after you brush, but it’s a life saver if you’re on a date and you end up with spinach in your teeth after your romantic meal. Price: $7.49
8. Dove go fresh Body Mist: Dove is well known for creating great soaps and lotions, and their body mists are no different. They smell so good, and they come in such refreshing scents that you’ll want to spritz everyone and everything. What’s great about these body mists is that they have “a hint of Dove moisturizures” in them so they’re good for your skin. Being the citrus freak I am, the Grapefruit & Lemongrass is right up my alley. Price: $4.99
9. Suave Naturals Conditioner: Cheap but effective, Suave makes some really great conditioners. As a natural chica, I use Suave conditioners to do my “co-washes” (conditioner wash). Not only do they save me some dough, but they really do moisturize my hair and they smell GREAT. If you’re lucky, you might even come across a sale or two on Suave products. I remember once DuaneReade had a 5 for $5.00 special..talk about racking up! Price:$1.99
10. WATER:Free, and thirst quenching, nothing is as good for you as good old H2O. If you’re the type who doesn’t like to drink water that much, try squeezing in some fresh lemon or orange juice. Another benifit to drinking water aside from gorgeously hydrated skin, is if you drink it iced cold, it can help burn calories! Yep, your body will burn calories as it works to warm it up. Price: FREE
So there you go!