When it comes to style, there’s nothing more iconic than the bow. Hello Kitty, Lady Gaga, you on your first day of school, have all elevated the bow to its status of being the quintessential, romantic accent to any wardrobe. For busy people, it’s a god-send. Having an ugly day? Put a bow on it. If you liked it, then you should’ve put a bow on it. (Literally.) Given its recent popularity on the Chanel, Moschino, Marc Jacobs and Marchesa runways, 2009 is easily The Year of the Bow. While there’s still time left in the year, the following are my bow picks and tips:
1. Depending on size, less can be more. If you’re inspired by huge floppy bow headbands, reminiscent of Lady Gaga’s look this year, limit yourself to just one big bow at a time. Bows smaller than mega, can be mixed with other sizes. Otherwise, you’d look like a nursery rhyme gone awry.
2. If you’re a hopelessly busy person who can’t afford much thought or time on styling, bows can instantly energize the drabbest of outfits. You’ll be surprised what a simple bow brooch or pin can do to your average T-shirt. Personally, I like to wear them on over-sized men’s dres shirts.
3. Have fun with bows! Experiment with different prints and fabrics. Since they are a classic staple of any wardrobe, it’s safe to say that they’ll always be in style.
1. Lily Bow and Chain sandal, Topshop, $116
2. Large Bow Ring, Love Elsy, $26
3. Rhinestone Bow Necklace, American Eagle, $16
4. Pink Bow Hairband, Peacocks, $4.97
5. Cardigan, Eruca, $45
6. Clutch, H&M
Source: Fashionising (picture)
No reactions to display.