Technology hasn’t always been chic. I remember the dark days when it was more function over form. Aesthetically, fashionable consumers had limited choices. However, those days are over, and this year has brought us technology that is not only functional, but cute and colorful as well. Here’s my list of Top 10 Girl Gadgets of 2009.
1. Like most people, I’m not much of a morning person. The crude sound of a loud alarm is not the most pleasant way to wake up, but with the Early Bird alarm clock by Fred, I’m able to wake up to the peaceful sound of birds chirping.
2. Unlike most drab webcams out on the market, this one shaped like a lotus flower is not only pretty, but very practical too. It comes with a microphone and also an LED light to help out with any low lighting problems you may have. Let your pretty face shine through this pretty little webcam. It comes in other colors such as blue and orange.
3. I’m not very fond of smartphones and find them complicated at times. For me, simplicity is best when it comes to cell phones. LG recently released its Pastel LG-SU410, which has a sleek design and comes in pink or white. Some of its features are a 2.8″ LCD, a standard 2 mega pixel camera, and an exterior LED light display. Too bad it was only released in Japan and Korea.
4. When most us think of ghosts, we think of the scary invisible spirits that go bump in the night. However, Speakal’s iBoo promises not to scare the bejesus out of you, but instead act as the speakers to the soundtrack of your life. This adorable iPod docking station comes in white, red, and blue.
5. I must admit that I’m a Lady Gaga stan (a portmanteau of stalker and fan) and would go absolutely nuts if one of my lovely friends got me a pair of Heartbeats earphones for my birthday in February (in rose red, please). Its design is not only fashionable, but for its price, you’re surely to get the sound quality you paid for: crisp, clear, and absolutely fabulous.
6. Often I get frustrated digging through my giant purse for my USB drive, and you can forget about me wearing an ugly lanyard to keep it on my person. This is the reason why I am fond of this very chic Jewel Bee Necklace USB Flash Drive (holds 4GB). Now this is where fashion and technology literally come together!
7. If you’re into a USB drive that’s more cutesy and whimsical, then the Kissing Octopus Couple USB drive by A-Data is for you.
8. Netbooks have been all the rage in 2009. They’re cute and a little bit more portable than laptops. Even though it was technically released in December of 2008, when I came across this Vivienne Tam designed netbook for HP, my jaw figuratively hit the floor! Its beautiful design would make any fashion maven the envy of all her friends. Be forewarned, though, because it’s a bit more expensive than the standard netbook. There are also a special edition tote and USB optical mouse with the same design. (Here’s a peek at the second generation of Tam’s HP netbook clutch. It’ll be released in spring of 2010.)
9. If you like to collect kitschy things that remind you of your childhood, then this Miffy MP3 player should be added to your collection. Even though it’s not the most sophisticated MP3 player around, its adorable design makes it charming. The player’s dock station is a grassy knoll with a little red house on it. You can also change Miffy’s shirt to a different color if you want. Here’s a video displaying how it functions. OMG! SO KEWT! >_<
10. I’m just going to let the video speak for itself. (link)
No reactions to display.