One can only characterize the cute, delicious foods of 2009 with one saying, and one saying alone: “Cute enough to not eat.” Given all the cute foods that existed this year, how could you eat? The list that makes up the Top 10 Cutest Foods of 2009 begs not to be eaten, just adored.
1. Japanese Bentos: The New York Times picked up on the bento trend this year. Thus, bentos are kind of a big deal. Look at the picture and tell me if you could shove that into your mouth without feeling any remorse?
3. Mister Donut’s Pon De Lion: Irony, is always cute. Stick two of the most unlikely objects together (lions and donuts) and you’ve got cute.
4. Totoro Bread Roll: One of the biggest achievements for 2009 is that this bread roll has made carb consumption less of a scary ordeal. Fear not carbs! They are cute and they love you!
5. Mini Cookies: These cookies made such a great statement this year for GirlyBubble. Smaller is definitely cuter.
6. Martha Stewart’s Heart-Shaped Eggs and Toast: In addition to the Pon De Lion donut, heart-shaped eggs and toast is one of the least expected dishes to rule this year. Who would’ve thought that someone who’s done more time than most rappers could produce something so cute?
7. Cupcake Kebabs: This year’s cupcake kebab is definitely the cuter cousin related to shish kebabs.
8. Marionberry Truffle Martini: Drinks can be cute too. Although, calling it a drink seems questionable. It looks like one huge pink truffle!
9. Gingerbread House I saw in NYC: What makes this gingerbread house most memorable is the fact that it was one of the first cutest food items I’ve ever spotted in New York…for myself. Up until then, I’ve just had someone submitting cute NYC pictures.
10. Macarons: The brightness of macarons made my year. How could you ever feel down looking at colorful macarons?
No reactions to display.